Careers at Sequential
Sequential makes innovative electronic keyboard instruments used by performing artists on stages and recordings all over the world. Join us and help us keep these musical instruments flowing into the hands of world’s most talented players!
Technical Support Team Manager at Sequential/Oberheim
Reports to: CEO
Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: Hybrid role, based out of our San Francisco office.
About Us: Sequential/Oberheim makes innovative electronic keyboard instruments used by performing artists on stages and recordings all over the world. Join us and help us to put these musical instruments into the hands of the world’s most talented players!
Sequential and Oberheim are premium synthesizer brands and our team members have been a leading force in the popularity of analog synthesizers for decades. Our products combine innovative electronic design, embedded software, and great feeling keyboards and controls to produce musical instruments loved by the world’s leading performers and recording artists.
With the global appeal of our products, we need a support leader who can help the team continue to deliver world class responses and repair services, both through our US team and in collaboration with the Focusrite group resources worldwide.
Summary: We are seeking a technical support team leader capable of motivating a team of 6 specialists who cover support ticket responses, warranty return and repair operations, and also assist the development team in prototyping, testing, and developing new products.
The ideal candidate will have a track record in managing a technical customer support team, combined with a passion for music and synthesisers.
- Team leadership: provide day-to-day management and mentoring for a team of approx. 6 support agents ensuring they deliver fast and effective support resolutions
- Ensure quality: coordinate prototype building and mange internal and external beta testing to drive quality in our new product designs
- Measure and iterate: track and report quality trends, identify issues, and collaborate with the design and manufacturing teams to resolve.
- Collaborate: work with Focusrite global support and service organizations and partners to scale our efforts. Advocate for the better customer experiences.
- Mentor and evolve: onboard new hires, devise growth plans for existing team members, evaluate new tools and systems, design and implement new processes as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- 5+ years experience managing a Global Customer Support / Technical Support organization.
- 10+ years of proven success working directly with customers within a technology company
- Excellent analysis, global communication skills, teamwork, and drive to complete projects
- Experience with electronic products and technical skills are essential
- A passion for music and knowledge of synthesizers are a big plus: the right background will earn the opportunity to contribute to product concepts and designs
- Sequential is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring inclusion and diversity for all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Employment at Sequential comes with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical insurance with no employee contribution, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, dental, vision, 401K plan with matching, unlimited PTO, and a staff discount on company products and merchandise.
Please apply here: https://apply.workable.com/focusrite/j/73A309584E/
Please follow us on LinkedIn to hear about new openings as soon as they are posted.