Careers at Sequential
Sequential makes innovative electronic keyboard instruments used by performing artists on stages and recordings all over the world. Join us and help us keep these musical instruments flowing into the hands of world’s most talented players!
Technical Support Specialist
We make electronic musical instruments for professional musicians and are extremely passionate about our work. We’re seeking a like-minded individual to whom synthesizers, electronics, and music are not just hobbies but a lifestyle.
Sequential has a long history of great customer service and support, and we strive to uphold that reputation. Our ideal candidate must have a good balance of people skills and technical knowledge and must enjoy engaging with people and synthesizers on a regular basis.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, this position has three main functions:
- Full-time technical support magician
- Product specialist
- Beta tester
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Email and phone support for our range of synthesizers
- Diagnose and resolve any software, hardware, or usability issues in a satisfactory and timely manner
- Collect customer feedback on features and operation, and relay that information to help guide product development and maintenance
- Raise technical awareness of our instruments and features amongst our customers through hands-on demos, as necessary
- Product testing is an important part of this position as well
- Thorough and systematic beta/bug testing of software and hardware are necessary surrounding new instrument development
- Periodic software testing for new OS releases
- As needed, handle light shipping and receiving and other related tasks as they arise
Required Skills & Education:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar
- Expert-level knowledge of synthesis and synthesizers. Bonus if you already know one or more of our instruments
- Quick-thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- A technical background such as an A.S. degree in electronics/electrical engineering or equivalent experience are a huge plus
- The ability to read schematics and/or having good soldering skills are also a huge plus
- Great presentation skills/stage presence, and comfortable demonstrating products to small groups
- Familiarity with MIDI/SysEx/NRPN
- Knowledge of popular audio software and Digital Audio Workstations
- Previous employment in technical support or customer service is favorable
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Our office is in North Beach, San Francisco. We are currently working in a hybrid office environment. Part of the week is remote and part of it is in the office. We’ll need you to come into the office for training 2 – 3x a week. Because of this, you must already be local. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate requests or applications from outside the Bay Area.
Employment at Sequential comes with a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical insurance with no employee contribution, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, dental, vision, 401K plan, unlimited PTO, tuition reimbursement, and a staff discount on company products and merchandise.
Sequential is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring inclusion and diversity for all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please follow us on LinkedIn to hear about new openings as soon as they are posted.