Sequential is Hiring!July 24, 2020 | Go back to previous page | Categorie(s): Other News
Attention, synth heads! We are looking for a triple-threat, tech support magician/product specialist/beta tester for our instruments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar
- Expert-level knowledge of synthesis and synthesizers. Bonus if you already know one or more of our instruments.
- Quick-thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Great presentation skills/stage presence, and comfortable demonstrating products to small groups
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- A technical background such as an A.S. degree in electronics/electrical engineering or equivalent experience are a huge plus.
- Being able to read schematics and/or having good soldering skills are also a huge plus.
- Familiarity with MIDI/SysEx/NRPN
- Knowledge of popular audio software and Digital Audio Workstations.
Previous employment in technical support or customer service is favorable.
Our office is located in North Beach, San Francisco. Normally, you’d be working in the office M-F, but due to COVID-19 we’re currently working remotely. We’ll need you to come into the office for training twice a week, with proper safety and physical distancing practices in place, of course. Because of this, you must already be local. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate requests or applications from outside the Bay Area.
Email and phone support for our range of synthesizers are your primary responsibilities as a support technician. This consists of diagnosing and resolving any software, hardware, or usability issues in a satisfactory and timely fashion.
Additionally, you’ll collect customer feedback on features and operation and relay that information to help guide product development and maintenance. As a product specialist, you’ll also raise technical awareness of our instruments and features amongst our customers through hands-on demos, applicable when the world reopens.
Product testing is an important part of this position as well. Thorough and systematic beta/bug testing of software and hardware are necessary surrounding new instrument development, as well as periodic software testing for new OS releases.
You’ll occasionally handle light shipping and receiving and other related tasks as necessary.
This is a great opportunity for the qualified and motivated candidate. We have a fully-paid medical plan and a great working environment.
Because we’re a small company without a human resources department, we cannot respond to all applications. Please apply only if you are qualified — you must have synthesizer experience! Please email a cover letter, current resume, and your compensation requirements to jobs(at)sequential.com.
No recruiters please.