Prophet 12 OS 1.3 ReleasedDecember 25, 2015 | Go back to previous page | Categorie(s): Products
Sequential has released a new operating system for the Prophet 12 that adds a number of highly requested features. The new version, OS 1.3, ships with newly purchased instruments. For users wishing to upgrade instruments with older versions of the OS, version 1.3 is available for download from the Prophet 12 OS Support page (see links below). In addition, a new sound set featuring 50 linear FM-based presets is available from the Prophet 12 Factory Sounds page. (Please install OS 1.3 in order to use the FM sounds.)
Watch a video of FM creator John Chowning and Dave Smith talking synths, as well as a demonstration of some of the new FM sounds here.
Among the new features are:
- Linear frequency modulation for classic FM synthesis
- Support for up to 16 alternate tunings (a set of 16 popular tunings is included)
- Assignable voice-stacking in Union mode
- MIDI note output for the arpeggiator
- New modulation destinations (Slop, Osc All Shape, All Delays)
- Disable screen save option for OLED display
- Soft knobs allow Playlist List and Set selection
The new features are covered in the Prophet 12 OS 1.3 Manual Addendum, which is available here.
Download OS 1.3 for the Prophet 12 keyboard here.
Download OS 1.3 for the Prophet 12 desktop module here.